Does your dog have a sweet tooth? Then your dog will love these delicious Banana Carob Pupcakes from The Canine Chef Cookbook. Pupcakes are a quick treat that you can cook up in less than an hour that uses healthy ingredients so you don't spoil your pup too much! If you're throwing a pawty for your pooch, Banana Carob Pupcakes are the way to go!
Banana Carob Pupcakes Recipe (makes 36 mini muffins)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Calories per serving: 55
Calories from fat: 19
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- Stir together the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Fold in the carob chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until done (insert a tootpick into the middle to check)
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before gently removing and placing on a cooling rack until completely cool.
These will last in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tested by Kirby the Dorkie and his furiends. It is essential to seek the advice of your Veterinarian before changing your dog's diet or adding any ingredients to your dog's food especially if your dog has any underlying health issues.
Debby, pawrent to Kirby the Dorkie, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and dog meals. You can find more recipes and nutritional information from “The Canine Chef Cookbook” and like Kirby the Dorkie on Facebook for more doggie fun.
What do you think of this dog-friendly cupcake recipe? What are some of your favorite ingredients? Let us know in the comments!