In honoring our 44th US President Barack Obama, the Chia Pet company presents this Special Edition Chia Obama.
On the side of the Chia Obama planter are his famous words:
"YES WE CAN."
Can you grow one?
YES YOU CAN.
Easy to do..... Fun to Grow.
Full growth in 1-2 weeks
Chia Obama handmade planter
Chia Seed packet for 3 plantings
Convenient Drip Tray
Planting and care instruction sheet
Planting and Caring for Your Chia Freedom of Choice Collection with Chia Seeds
1) Submerge your Chia in water for 1 hour.
2) In a separate container, mix 2 teaspoons of Chia Seeds and 1/4 cup of water.
3) Allow to sit for 1 hour, stirring mixture occasionally to moisten the seeds. The seeds will form a gel-like paste which will help seeds adhere to your chia.
4) Fill your Chia with water and place in drip tray provided.
5) Apply seed mixture to the grooved surfaces of your Chia, using your fingers, or a small knife or spoon. Take care not to clump seeds. You may not need to use all of the seed mixture.
6) Place your chia in an area with good sun exposure. (Chias do not like extreme heat or extreme cold. Your windowsill may be too harsh.)
7) Keep your Chia filled with water each day. Water will accumulate into the drip tray. You can carefully reuse this water, or discard it. It is important to keep the seeds moist for the first days after planting. This can be achieved by using a loose plastic bag to cover your Chia until seeds sprout (3-4 days), creating a mini-greenhouse. This increases warmth and humidity around the seeds. Frequent misting will also help.
Soon your Chia will have a full head of growth. Turn your Chia toward the light source regularly to keep growth even. When the Chia growth appears leggy, it is time to remove the old growth. Depending upon the conditions in your home, your Chia will have a lifespan of approximately 4 weeks. Chia should be washed and replanted indefinitely.
I think that the idiot that created this product is an absulute dushbag, and u guys are just as ignorant for retailing it for them! I'm spreading the word, and as big as my mouth is-see what flack y'all get!