With the holiday season coming up it's tempting to spoil our pets with food from our plates. However, there are many foods that can cause your cat or dog to get seriously ill. It's always important to be careful what we feed them and just as important that we remind our friends and family.
There are many common foods that we love to eat but when given to our pet it can cause serious health problems. A common misconception is that food is the only hazard to our pets; however, there are many plants that can be just as hazardous.
During the holidays don’t let your pet get caught with digestion problems such as gas, diarrhea and vomiting. It’s a common mis-conception that these problems can occur when giving cats or dogs the wrong food. Anyone who has ever been around their pet when they had gas knows that the problem occur even with proper nutrition. However, there are things owners can do to help keep their pet feeling his or he best, try one of the following great products.
· Vetasyl Fiber Supplement - Great supplement that helps with natural elimination without using chemicals. The supplement also helps to provide relieve from constipatio
· Methigel - Helps with maintaining acidic urine. Additional benefits include help with controlling urine odor. When combined with the proper diet the supplement also helps to maintain a healthy urinary tract.
· FortiFlora Feline - made by Purina, FortiFlora is a nutritional supplement that held to manage diarrhea in cats. Additional uses include help with managing unhealthy stools, restoring normal intestinal health and balance. An added benefit to the supplement is that it contains protein, vitamins, and minerals. Easy to use- simply mix with your cat’s favorite food.
· FortiFlora Canine - FortiFlora Canine has the same great benefits as FortiFlora Feline but in a formula specially tailored to dogs.
· GastriCalm - A supplement made for dogs, GastiCalm helps to reduce flatulence, bowel discomfort and gassy odors. The supplement is easy to administer and contains ingredients such as Vitamin E, Cellulose Natural Liver Flavor and Zinc-Carnosine
· Anti-Gas - The supplement can be used to help reduce flatulence, bowel discomfort and decrease unpleasant gassy odors.
· DiaBac - This is an orally administered supplement that helps to aid in controlling bacterial diarrhea symptoms such as E. coli and Salmonella. The supplement is easy to give and is available in canine or feline formulas.
· Geneflora - Geneflora for Pets contains the beneficial bacteria, Bacillus coagulans which is a hardy, naturally heat-resistant bacteria that are able to easily survive the stomach acid and reach the intestines where they can thrive and help to correct digestive imbalances.
Owner’s looking for other great supplements should look at VBG Diarrhea Control Gel for cats and Methio-Form. A nice supplement to give your pet during the holidays is CranVet for cats and dogs. This supplement allows pet owners to help their pet while giving them a little cranberry with dinner. CranVet helps cats and dogs infected with urinary tract infections. The supplement contains 40 mg of cranberry extract and is easy to administer. CranVet can also be used to support urinary tract health.
During the holidays all owner’s want to keep their lawn looking green. Unfortunately, many lawns get damaged due to urine and feces from cats and dogs. One thing that cat and dog owners can do is give their pet Green-Um. Green-Um is a natural nutrition supplement that helps to prevent unsightly law burn. Some of the ingredients in Green-Um are Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Yeast, Biotin, Vitamin B12 and Amino Acids.
Pet owner’s should always be cautious of what they feed pet. However, during the holidays it can be especially tough. Tempting as it is to give your cat or dog food off your plate it is always better to be safe. There are a lot great cat and dog treats that we can give our pet. Not only do these treats taste good but they’re good for them. Owner’s can be happy knowing they gave their cat or dog treats formulated for their digestive system. For great treat ideas visit our Toys and Treats section. And for those un-soundly digestive problems remember to help your pet by giving them of the great supplements mentioned above. Keeping your pet happy, healthy, and safe.