The FieldTrainer 400 Series is an economical, yet robust in features electronic trainer. The 400S is capable of higher stimulation levels than the FieldTrainer 400, ideal for larger or stubborn dogs. This training system hosts up to 16 levels of stimulation, and a choice of continuous or momentary (nick) correction, with a tone only button as well. The FieldTrainer allows expansion up to 3 dogs and features waterproof/submersible transmitters and receivers. The conveniently sized transmitter allows up to 400 yards of range, making it ideal for use with close-working dogs.
Up to 16 levels of stimulation
Low battery alert
Choice of continuous or momentary (nick) correction
Waterproof and submersible receiver to 25ft, per NEMA 6P
Tone only button and IP67 standards
400 yard range
40-60 hour 'on-time' charge for the transmitter
Expandable to 3 dogs
15-20 hour 'on-time' charge for the receiver
Replaceable, rechargeable NiMH batteries
Directions: Fit the Collar Receiver
Important: The proper fit and placement of the Collar Receiver is important for effective training. The Contact Points must have direct contact with your dog’s skin.
To ensure a proper fit, follow these steps:
1. With your dog standing (3A), center the Collar Receiver so the Contact Points are underneath your dog’s neck, touching the skin (3B). If your dog has a long or thick coat, you have two options to ensure consistent contact: either trim the hair around the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points included with your system. 2. The Collar Receiver should fit snugly, yet loose enough to allow one finger to fit between the strap and your dog’s neck (3C). 3. Allow your dog to wear the collar for several minutes, and then recheck the fit. Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable wearing the Collar Receiver.
Care and Cleaning To ensure the effectiveness of this product and the comfort and safety of your dog, check the fit of his collar frequently. This guide describes proper collar fitting. If you notice that your dog is experiencing skin irritation, discontinue use of the collar for a few days. If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
To prevent skin irritation from occurring:
The Collar Receiver should not be worn for more than 8 hours out of every 24-hour period.
Your dog's neck and the Contact Points must be washed weekly with a washcloth and mild hand soap, then rinsed thoroughly.
Find the Best Intensity Level for Your Dog
The FieldTrainer 400S has multiple intensity levels. This allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog.
Note: Always start at the lowest level and work your way up.
For training efficiency, it is important to find the right intensity level for your dog. This is called the Recognition Level, at which your dog looks around in curiosity, or flicks his ears.
Finding Your Dog's Recognition Level: Note: Every dog is different and you cannot predict where your dog's Recognition Level will be. Watch closely for any slight change in behavior that tells you your dog is feeling the stimulation.
1. With the Collar Receiver turned on and properly fitted to your dog, set the Remote Transmitter's Intensity Dial at Level 1 and press the Continuous Stimulation Button for 1 to 2 seconds.
2. If your dog shows no reaction to Level 1, go to Level 2 and repeat the process.
3. YOUR DOG SHOULD NOT VOCALIZE OR PANIC WHEN RECEIVING STIMULATION. IF THIS HAPPENS, THE STIMULATION LEVEL IS TOO HIGH AND YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS LEVEL AND REPEAT THE PROCESS.
4. Once you find your dog's Recognition Level, this is the level you should use when you begin a training exercise.
5. If you have progressed to Level 8 while searching for your dog's Recognition Level and your dog continues to show no response, check to see if Collar Receiver is snug against your dog's neck. Then go back to Intensity Level 1 and repeat the process. If your dog still does not indicate he is feeling the stimulation, you have two options: you may either have to trim the hair beneath the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points included in your system.