Vet Solutions SURGICAL SCRUB AND HANDWASH provides rapid bactericidal activity effective against a wide range of microorganisms including antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Its formula is uniquely kind to hands and is ideal for individuals that have a sensitivity to chlorhexidine or iodine scrubs. It contains emollients to prevent moisture loss and moisturizers to help maintain skin integrity even after frequent scrubbing.
Directions: Surgical Scrub:
1. Remove Jewelry.
2. Wet hands and forearms with water and apply 5 mL (equivalent to the circumference of a golf ball) of scrub.
3. Wash/scrub hands and forearms for 2 minutes paying particular attention to nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces.
4. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Health Care Personnel Handwash:
1. Wet hands with water and apply 2 mL (equivalent to 2 pumps) of scrub.
2. Wash in a vigorous manner.
3. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
Preoperative use on Patients:
1. Apply Surgical Scrub generously (do not dilute).
2. Spread using sterile gauze.
3. Swab for 2 minutes.
4. Wipe excess with sterile gauze.
Precaution(s): Storage: Store at controlled room temperature.
Caution(s): For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes.
Warning(s): Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact the poison control center immediately.