When sing an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this Andis trimmer.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. DO not place in, or drop into, water or other liquid.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Andis.
- Never operate this appliance if it is damage, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an Andis authorized service station for examination.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken blade or comb, as injury to the skin may occur.
- Do no use immerse trimmer in water. Use a soft bristled brush to remove any hair from blade.
- Caution: Dispose of used battery properly. Do not incinerate; battery may explode if overheated.
Using Attachment Combs
(Not all models come with attachment combs)
You can set the blades for a coarser cut by attaching any of the snap on blade attachment combs made for your Andis trimmer. The blade attachments mount easily. To use a blade attachment, slip the cutter blade teeth into blade attachment. Snap the blade attachment down; it will snap on and off easily (Figure A). Combs help guide hair to cutting blades and give you precise control of hair lengths.
your trimmer uses one "AA" battery (not included). To insert battery, remove battery cover on back of unit. Insert battery as shown (Figure B).
The internal mechanism of your trimmer has been permanently lubricated at the factory. Other than the recommended maintenance described in this manual, no other maintenance should be performed, except by Andis Company or an Andis authorized service station. To find Andis authorized service station near you log on to andis.com or contact our customer service department at 1-800-558-9441
When trimming is complete, slide on/off switch to off position and remove the attachment comb (if being used). Lightly brush out blades with the blade cleaning brush provided. For best results put a drop of Andis clipper oil on the blade when necessary. Blades should be handled carefully and never used to cut dirty or abrasive material.
Proper Battery Disposal
Batteries may contain heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium, nickel and lithium, which can be harmful to the environment when improperly disposed of. Remove dead battery from the unit and dispose of properly. At the end of its useful life, under various state and local laws, it may be illegal to dispose of this battery into the municipal waste stream. Check with your local solid waste officials (or call 1-800-822-8837) for details in our area for recycling options or proper disposal.
Never handle your Andis trimmer while you are operating a water faucet and never hold your trimmer under a water faucet or in water. There is danger of electrical shock and damage to your clipper. ANDIS COMPANY will not be responsible in case of injury due to this carelessness
Not too loud so does not scare my miniature poodle, and easy to operate. Good to keep his fur short on the face, paws, and tail!