Price too low to showAdd to cart to see low price
Price too low to showAdd to cart to see low price
When sing an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this Andis trimmer.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning, removing, or assembling parts.
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Andis.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an Andis Authorized Service Station for examination.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert an object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken blade or comb, as injury to the skin may occur.
- To disconnect turn control to "off" then remove plug from outlet.
- Warning: During use, do not place or leave appliance where it may be
- Damaged by an animal or
- exposed to the weather.
Save these instructions
This appliance is intended for household use
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Please read the following instructions before using your new Andis Clipper. Give it the care that a fine precision built instrument deserves and it will give you years of service. Before starting clipper remove blade guard. Plug cord into electrical outlet, operate at 120 volt, 60 cycle AC electrical current or as noted on the unit. To start clipper move switch button to "on" position, to stop, move switch button back to original position. After using your Andis Clipper, re-wrap cord and store in a safe place.
The internal mechanism of your clipper has been permanently lubricated at the factory. Other than the recommended maintenance described in this manual, no other maintenance should be performed, except by Andis Company or an Andis Authorized Service Station.
Care and Servicing of your Andis Clipper Blades
Blades should be oiled before, during, and after each use. If your clipper blades leave streaks or slow down, It's a sure sign blades need oil. The clipper should be held in the position shown in Diagram B to prevent oil from getting into the motor. Place a few drops of Andis Clipper Oil on the front and side of the cutter blades (Diagram A). Wipe excess oil off blades with a soft dry cloth. Spray lubricants contain insufficient oil for good lubrication, but are an excellent clipper blade coolant. Always replace broken or nicked blades to prevent injury. You can clean the excess hair from your blades by using a small brush or worn out toothbrush. To clean the blades we suggest to immerse the blades only into a shallow pan of Andis Clipper oil, while the clipper is running. Any excess hair and dirt that has accumulated between the blades should come out. After cleaning, turn your clipper off and dry blades with a dry cloth and start clipping again.
Your Andis Clipper includes 4 detachable blade sets: size #10, #7FC, and #4FC. The blade size is indicated on the blade set. Use the clipping guide chart in this manual to find the approximate length of cut for each blade set.
Removing Blade Set
To remove blade set, first make sure your clipper motor is switched "OFF". Push blade release button on top of clipper (Diagram C). After the blade releases from the clipper, slide it off the blade hinge (Diagram D). Note: Hair may accumulate in the front cavity of the housing under the blade. If this happens, you can clean out the hair by brushing out the cavity with a small brush or an old toothbrush while the blade is off the clipper.
Replacing or Changing Blade Set
To replace or change your blade set, slide the blade bracket onto the hinge of the clipper (Diagram E). Push the blade toward the clipper to lock into position.
Attaching the Safeguards
The safeguard blade attachments mount easily. Just snap them on. Snap them off. You can always set the blades for a coarser cut by attaching any of the safeguard blade attachments made for your Andis Clipper. To use safeguard, slip the cutter blade teeth into safeguard. Snap the safeguards down; they snap on and off easily. These attachments guide hair into the clipper blades and give you precise control of hair lengths. The length of trim is indicated on the blade attachment: ¼", ½", ¾", & 1". Use the chart to find the approximate lengths of cut. Different blade angles in relation to the skin, thickness and texture of the hair will vary the cutting length.
Factory Repair Service
When the blades of your Andis Clipper become dull after repeated use, it is advised to purchase a new set of blades available through your Andis Supplier or through an Andis Authorized Service Station. If you wish your clipper to be serviced as well, it should be carefully packed and mailed either Parcel Post Insured, or U.P.S. to any Andis Authorized Service Station.