- Unfold pad and place on floor with plastic side down.
- Make sure pad is easily accessible to your dog, and located away from his bedding and food.
- Place your dog on the pad so he can become accustomed to it.
- When your dog "goes" on the pad, be sure to reward him for correct behavior.
- If your dog has any accidents away from the pad, return him to the pad to discourage this behavior.
- Change pad as needed.
If using the pad for housetraining, gradually move the pad toward your door once your pet has learned to use the pad consistently. Eventually, you can move the pad outdoors to the area where you would like your dog to go potty.