|Crude Protein min||24.00%|
|Crude Fat min||12.00%|
|Crude Fiber max||4.00%|
|Selenium min||0.35 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E min||60 IU/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate min||850 mg/kg|
|Glucosamin min||250 mg/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids min||0.20%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids min||2.00%|
Calorie Content (calculated):
3591 kcal ME/kg, 326 kcal ME/cup
Deboned Lamb, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Brewers Rice, Split Peas, Rice Bran, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Potato Protein, Natural Flavor, Lamb Meal, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Fish Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Salt, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Citric Acid (preservative), Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Chia Seed, Dried Coconut, Dried Tomato Pomace, Dried Egg Product, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Kale, Dried Spinach, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract.
Puppies: From 3 to 5 weeks of age, moisten food and feed frequently. From 6 weeks of age, feed the suggested amount in three meals per day until 6 months of age, then twice daily until 18 months.
Pregnant/Lactating Bitches: During pregnancy, offer 50% more and during lactation offer at least two to three times more than the amount shown for puppies over 12 months of age. Keep fresh drinking water available at all times, provide plenty of exercise and see your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location.
|SUGGESTED AMOUNTS TO FEED PER DAY (CUPS)‡|
|Weight of Puppy||Weaning to 3 Months||3 to 6 Months||6 to 9 Months||9 to 12 Months||12 to 24 Months|
|5 lb||1 ⅓|
|10 lb||2 ¼||2|
|15 lb||3||2 ⅔|
|20 lb||3 ¾||2 ⅓||2 ¾|
|30 lb||5 ¼||4 ½||3 ¾||3 ¼|
|40 lb||6 ½||5 ⅔||4 ¾||4||3 ⅓|
|50 lb||7 ⅔||6 ⅔||5 ⅔||4 ⅔||4|
|60 lb||8 ¾||7 ⅔||6 ½||5 ⅓||4 ½|
|70 lb||8 ½||7 ¼||6||5 ¼|
|80 Lb||9 ½||8||6 ⅔||5 ⅔|
|90 lb||10 ⅓||8 ¾||7 ¼||6 ¼|
|100 lb||11 ¼||9 ½||7 ¾||6 ⅔|
|120 lb||11||9||7 ⅔|
‡Use a standard 8 oz. measuring cup which holds 3.21 oz. of NUTRO™ NATURAL CHOICE™ Large Breed Puppy Lamb & Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food.
Made with Meat
We're purposeful in selecting our ingredients. That's why the foundation of each NUTRO™ recipe is a high-quality protein. Here are some examples.
- Beef: This protein source contains amino acids, iron, selenium and vitamin B12.
- Chicken: Our farm-raised chicken is a high-quality protein source dogs love.
- Duck: This protein source is rich in iron and full of amino acids.
- Salmon: Fish like salmon provide much-needed omega-3 fatty acids.
- Lamb: A good source of dietary fats and amino acids, lamb is a good option for dogs who suffer from food sensitivities to other protein sources like chicken.
- Turkey: Rich in riboflavin and phosphorous, turkey has essential nutrients to help your dog live a healthy life.
- Venison: Though it has less protein than beef, venison is lower in fat. It's also full of B vitamins, zinc, phosphorous and iron, essential nutrients that are important to support energy and vitality.
Fruits and Veggies
We protect the integrity of our food at every stage of the process, sourcing our fruits and veggies from trusted farmers and suppliers. Our foods can include combinations of the following:
- Apples: They aren't just good for humans! Apples can be a great source of fiber, calcium and vitamin C.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are high in vitamin C but low in calories. They're also full of antioxidants.
- Chickpeas: These nutrient-dense legumes are packed with protein, potassium, magnesium and folate.
- Split peas: Peas are rich in vitamins A and K. They also contain fiber and the antioxidant lutein.
- Sweet potatoes: A great source of fiber, sweet potatoes can help support your dog digestive's system.
We exclusively source non-GMO ingredients† as close to their native form as possible including our grains. Whole grains are a great source of fiber and have important antioxidants. Some examples include oatmeal, brown rice and brewer's rice.
To us, clean is simple, purposeful, and trustworthy. This means: We will exclusively source non-GMO ingredients(t) as close to their native form as possible. We will never add artificial preservatives, flavors or colors. We will not use ingredients like chicken by-product meal, corn, wheat, or soy protein and will only use ingredients that serve a precise purpose in each recipe. We will also source our ingredients from trusted farmers and suppliers.
In 2014, we started the process by sourcing non-GMO ingredients(t) and have continued by introducing rigorous GMO testing processes for the NUTRO™ dry dog and cat food lines.
Today, every recipe in our NUTRO and ULTRA dog and cat food portfolio meets our NUTRO. FEED CLEAN standard. We won't rest until choosing any NUTRO product means choosing clean for your pet.
We test our ingredients using a third-party testing facility. For testing, we take random samples from our manufacturing sites and send all samples to our third-party laboratory. The lab then tests for GMOs.
If a positive test is received, we escalate the testing procedure to ensure we identify where the non-GMO trace/product appeared. At times and if necessary, the NUTRO™ brand will source from another supplier and may increase the frequency of testing.
The NUTRO brand is reintroducing its line of dry dog food products with a new, contemporary look that embodies its NUTRO. FEED CLEAN philosophy. The reimagined bags represent a bold, simple and modern design that places ingredients at the forefront, making it easy for consumers to know what they are getting in each product.
The brand’s core dry dog food product offering is now NUTRO NATURAL CHOICE with 19 recipes formulated based on protein choice, breed size and life stage.