All sales are Final. No returns or exchanges.
- Installation Option 1: Place the Tetratec Deep Water aquarium air pump on a surface lower than the water level of the aquarium or on the floor. To avoid damage from accidentally spilled water, do not place the air pump directly below the aquarium. Important: Always use a Whisper Check Valve(not included) in the airline between the air pump and the aquarium. In the event of a power failure, or when removing filters from the aquarium, the Check Valve will help prevent water from siphoning into the pump.
- Installation Option 2: Place the Tetratec Deep Water aquarium air pump on a shelf at least 12 inches higher than the water level of the aquarium, but not directly above the aquarium. The shelf should have a raise edge to prevent the air pump from sliding off.
- Saltwater aquariums: Place the air pump on a shelf as described in option 2, and use a Whisper Check Valve (not included).
- Attach one end of airline tubing to air outlet(s) on your Tetratec Deep Water air pump. Attach other end of airline tubing to filter(s), airstone(s), or air operated ornament(s) (not included). Pump is now ready to plug in. Plug into 110/120V Ac outlet only. Be sure to allow for a "Drip Loop" (part of the cord that dips below outlet receptacle or connector). The "Drip Loop" prevents water from running into outlet. Pump reaches normal operating efficiency after several hours.
- Clean with a damp cloth and mild detergent on the outside of the pump. Pump mechanism never needs oil.