All sales are Final. No returns or exchanges.
- When cleaning the filter, unplug it. Do not use detergents or soap, as residues may harm fish.
- Do not use sand in the aquarium when using the internal filter.
- If the foam grid becomes clogged, remove and wash with water until debris is removed.
- Replace filter cartridge every four weeks. To change the cartridge, unplug filter, remove and replace cartridge, and re-plug the filter.
- If the motor is noisy, unplug the filter and remove it from aquarium. Remove the motor, open its cover, and flush gravel, leaves, or other debris with cool water. Replace the motor into the filter, mount the filter in the aquarium, and re-plug the unit.
- It takes a few weeks for new aquarium water to be conditioned. You can use EasyBalanceTM to speed up conditioning. During the conditioning period, feed fish lightly and be sure all food is consumed.
- When putting tap water into the aquarium, add AquaSafeTM water conditioner to neutralize harmful chlorine and chloramines.
- Insert the filter cartridge and foam grid. (Note: the front of the foam grid is market "front" and should face the front of the internal filter.)
- Hang the filter inside the aquarium and press the suction cup against the aquarium glass. Drape wire over the aquarium wall.
- The lip of the internal filter should be above water level, and the bottom of the internal filter should be at least one inch above the aquarium gravel. When positioning plants and other items, leave approximately 1/2 inches of clearance around the filter.
- Raise or lower the internal filter by adjusting the filter hanger. Rotate the filter hanger 90 degrees, remove it, and replace it in an alternate alignment hole. (In turtle tanks, the bottom of the internal filter should be submerged in at least 2 inches of water.)
- If the filter hanger does not fit on the aquarium frame, it can be replaced with an extra suction cup (provided). When pressed firmly, the suction cup will fit snugly into the filter.