- Select an accessible training area, away from your dog's food and bed. Unfold and place the pad on the floor, plastic side down, tissue side up.
- Introduce your dog to the pad, allowing him to smell the proprietary attractant that triggers instinctive elimination.
- While your dog is eliminating, use a phrase like "go potty," so he will learn the command you would like him to associate with elimination.
- When he relieves himself on the pad, reward him with enthusiastic praise or a treat.
- If your pet relieves himself elsewhere, bring him back to the pad immediately to reinforce this is the place to "go potty."
- Dispose of used pads and replace as needed.
- If using the pad for housetraining, gradually move the pad toward your door once your pet has learned to use the pad consistently. Eventually, you can move the pad outdoors to the area where you would like your dog to go potty.
Questions and Answers
There are no questions or answers for this item.