Customers Also Bought
- 10 or 25 pouches, each containing 1 test device.
- 10 or 25 disposable pipettes.
- 1 buffer dropper bottle (5.0 mL).
- Instructions for use.
- Do not use components after expiration date.
- Refrigeration not required. Store the test kit at 2° to 25°C (35° to 77°F). Do not freeze.
- Use the test within 30 minutes after opening the sealed pouch.
- Avoid touching or damaging membrane at windows #1, #2, #3.
- The WITNESS® device should be placed on a flat, horizontal surface while performing the test.
- Use a separate pipette for each sample.
- Hold pipette and buffer bottle vertically when dispensing sample and buffer.
- Do not mix components of different serials.
- Saline Buffer contains sodium azide, 0.05% (w/v), as a preservative.
- For veterinary use only.
Important: Allow sample and buffer drops to fall onto membrane at window #1. Do not touch pipette tip, sample or buffer drops, or buffer bottle tip directly to the membrane.Sample application
- Tear open the pouch provided and place the test device on a flat horizontal surface for the duration of the test.
- Squeeze the provided pipette near the sealed end. Insert the open end of the pipette into an anticoagulated whole blood, serum, or plasma sample. Release the pressure slightly to draw up a small amount of sample into the pipette.
- Holding the pipette vertically, transfer one drop of sample to the sample well, window #1. Allow sample to be completely absorbed.
- Remove the cap from the buffer bottle, hold it vertically and add two drops of buffer to the sample well window #1.
- Wait ten minutes, observe the presence or absence of pink/purple bands in reading windows #2 and #3.
- Sample results are read in window #2. The control band is read in window #3.
- Notes: The test is complete and may be read before 10 minutes if pink/purple bands are visible in both windows #2 and #3.
- The presence of a pink/purple band only in window #3 before 10 minutes does not mean that the test is complete. A pink/purple band in window #2 may develop slower than the control pink/purple band in window #3.
- Valid test: Test is validated if a pink/purple band is present in the reading window #3.
- Negative for HW antigen: No band in reading window #2, with one pink/purple band in window #3.
- Positive for HW antigen: One pink/purple band in reading window #2, with one pink/purple band in window #3.
- Invalid test: No pink/purple band in control window #3.
Note: A test result should always be interpreted in the context of all available clinical information and history for the dog or cat. Cats testing negative for heartworm antigen may benefit from other diagnostic tests, including heartworm antibody assays.
WITNESS® TEST PROCEDURE