Absorbine ProCMC Gastric Relief is a product marketed as a dietary supplement for horses that is designed to support digestive health and provide relief from gastric discomfort. It is commonly used to address issues related to gastric ulcers in horses.
The main active ingredient in Absorbine ProCMC Gastric Relief is calcium carbonate, which works as an antacid to help neutralize excess stomach acid. It also contains other ingredients such as aluminum phosphate, magnesium carbonate, and pectin, which are believed to provide a protective coating to the stomach lining.
This product is often used in equine care to help manage gastric ulcers, which are common among horses, especially those in high-performance activities such as racing or competitive showing. Gastric ulcers can cause discomfort, pain, and may even lead to poor performance and behavior issues in horses.
- Gastric Relief: The product is designed to provide relief from gastric discomfort in horses. It may help neutralize excess stomach acid, which can contribute to gastric ulcers and related digestive issues.
- Digestive Support: Absorbine ProCMC Gastric Relief is formulated to support overall digestive health in horses. The combination of ingredients, including calcium carbonate, aluminum phosphate, magnesium carbonate, and pectin, is believed to help maintain a healthy stomach environment.
- Protective Coating: The supplement may form a protective coating on the stomach lining, which can potentially help protect it from acid and reduce the risk of gastric ulcers.
- Improved Performance: By addressing gastric discomfort and supporting digestive health, Absorbine ProCMC Gastric Relief may help improve a horse's overall well-being and potentially enhance its performance.
- Palatable Formulation: The product is often marketed as palatable, making it easier to administer to horses and ensuring they consume it without reluctance.
Remember, it's essential to consult with a veterinarian to determine the best course of action for your horse's digestive health and to discuss the suitability and efficacy of specific supplements or treatments. Veterinary professionals can provide personalized recommendations based on the individual needs and conditions of your horse.