Serve a healthy burger that will have your dog's tail wagging!
The Canine Chef, Kirby the Dorkie, has perfected a healthy burger that your dog is sure to love! Try out this recipe for black bean burgers to treat your dog to something extra special!
Read the recipe below, and then be sure to follow Kirby the Dorkie on Facebook and check out KirbyTheDorkie.com for more great dog recipes!
Black Bean Burger
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Calories per serving: 389
Calories from fat: 76
Total fat: 8.4 g or 13% (4.3 g saturated fat,
0.0 g trans fat)
Yields: 7 patties
- ½ cup barley
- 1 cup water
- 1(16 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- Pour the water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Add the barley and cover, reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Set aside and let cool.
- Pour the black beans into a large bowl and mash. Add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- Mix in the cooled barley.
- Form into patties and place on lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes and turn over. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
These will keep in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week and in the freezer for up to three months.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo of your creation of this recipe and share it in the comments below! If you altered the recipe, tell us what you did and how that worked out for you. Don't forget to share your photo on Instagram and tag @EntirelyPets!
This recipe has been carefully researched and tested by Kirby the Dorkie and his furiends. It is essential to seek the advice of your Veterinarian before changing your dog's diet or adding any ingredients to your dog's food especially if your dog has any underlying health issues.
Debby, pawrent to Kirby the Dorkie, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and dog meals. You can find more recipes and nutritional information from “The Canine Chef Cookbook’ blog or find her newly released cookbook here. You can also like Kirby the Dorkie on Facebook for more doggie fun.