It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
For Horses Use Full Strength. This non-oily insecticide repellent may be applied with a trigger spray applicator, or as a wipe. Kills and repels stable flies, horse flies, face flies, deer flies, house flies, horn flies, mosquitoes, gnats, ticks, fleas, chiggers, and lice. Not for use on horses intended for slaughter.
Directions for Trigger Spray Use:
Remove excess dirt and dust. Apply light spray mist to coat while brushing lightly against lay of the hair. Avoid spray in eyes and mucous membranes. Apply with sponge or cloth to those areas.
Directions for Wipe-On Use:
Thoroughly brush horse to remove excess dirt and dust. Extremely dirty horses should be shampooed, rinsed, and allowed to dry before applying wipe. Use a sponge or clean soft cloth or mitt. Apply liberally over areas to be protected. Pay special attention to legs, belly, shoulders, neck, and facial areas. Avoid eyes and mucous membranes.
To Kill and Repel Flying Insects in Horse Quarters:
Use this product in horse barns and stables to kill and repel stable flies, horse flies, face flies, deer flies, house flies, horn flies, mosquitoes, gnats, ticks (including Deer Ticks), fleas, chiggers, and lice. Apply undiluted as either a surface spray or space spray (fog). Surface Spraying: Use a good sprayer adjusted to deliver a coarse wet spray. Apply as a coarse wet spray using 1 pint per 1,000 square feet. Direct the spray wherever flies congregate or alight, until surfaces are moistened. Treat around doorways, feed storage rooms, alleyways and windowsills. Spray around outside of door facings and screens to render area unattractive to insects. This helps to repel insects and prevent entrance into building.
Remove horses prior to application. Before application, close doors, windows and other openings and shut off ventilating systems to reduce air movement as much as possible. Apply with a good machine adjusted to deliver a fine mist or fog. Direct spray at an upward angle, distributing it uniformly throughout the entire area at a rate of 2 fluid ounces per 1,000 cubic feet (10 ft x 10 ft x 10 ft). Apply by directing spray toward ceiling and corners until the space is filled with mist. For best results, keep doors and windows closed, when possible, for 10 minutes during spraying and after application. Applicator must not remain in treated area. After the 10 minute treatment period, the area should be opened and ventilated prior to reoccupation by humans or animals.
Do not use where livestock (other than horses) are housed or fed, or where livestock feeds are stored. Do not contaminate water, feed or foodstuffs, milk or milking utensils. Do not repeat treatment more than once every day.
Fleas and Mosquitoes on Dogs:
Do not apply to dogs less than 6 months old. Do not allow cats to have contact with treated dogs for 24 hours. Start spraying at the animalís head, do not spray near the eyes or mouth. Make sure the animalís entire body is covered including the legs, underbody and tail. While spraying, fluff the hair so that the spray will penetrate to the skin. Make sure spray wets thoroughly, but do not saturate dog. Do not allow dog to become chilled. Do not spray the animalís genitalia. Reapply every 7-9 days.
Dog Resting Area:
Not to be used for broadcast treatment. To kill fleas and repel mosquitoes in areas where dogs rest, use as a spot treatment on the following areas: infested areas, dog beds, resting quarters, nearby cracks and crevices, along and behind baseboards, moldings, window and door frames, and local areas of floor and floor covering. Place fresh bedding in animalís quarters following treatment. Treat dog in conjunction with premise treatment. Do not retreat more than once per day. Do not use on cat bedding.
To Kill Flying Insects and Repel Mosquitoes in Animal Quarters:
Spray in areas where insects congregate. Direct spray to contact insects for rapid knockdown and kill. Spray around outside of door facings and screens to render area unattractive to insects. This helps to repel insects and prevent entrance into building.
For use as a surface spray:
- Except when applying to horses, ponies and foals, do not enter or allow others to enter until sprays have dried.
- Except when applying to horses, ponies and foals, do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
- Remove pets, birds, and cover aquariums before spraying. Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water before application. Remove or cover dishes, utensils, and food preparation surfaces, or wash them before use.
For Use as a Space Spray or Fog:
- Do not remain in treated area, exit immediately and remain outside treated area until mists have dispersed and sprays have dried.
- After the 10 minute treatment period, open the area and thoroughly ventilate prior to reoccupation by humans or animals.
- Do not apply when food or feed is present.
- Do not use where livestock (other than horses) are housed or fed, or where livestock feeds are stored. Do not contaminate water, feed or foodstuffs, milk or milking utensils. Do not repeat treatment more than once every day.
- Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
For Outdoor Applications (Residential Only):
- Other than applications to building foundations, all outdoor applications to impervious surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, patios, porches and structural surfaces (such as windows, doors and eaves) are limited to spot and crack-and- crevice applications, only.
- Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems or metered release systems.
- Do not make applications during rain.
- Do not water the treated area to the point of run-off.
For Horses Use Full Strength. This non-oily insecticide repellent may be applied with a trigger spray applicator, or as a wipe. Kills stable flies, horse flies, face flies, deer flies, house flies, horn flies, gnats, ticks, fleas, chiggers, and lice, and repels mosquitoes. Not for use on horses intended for slaughter.
User Safety Recommendations
- User should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- User should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
- User should remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
- All handlers must wear long sleeved shirt and long pants, socks and shoes. Follow manufacturerís instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this productís concentrate. Do not reuse them.
- Applicator must not remain in treated area. After the 10 minute treatment period, open the area and ventilate thoroughly prior to reoccupation by humans or animals.
Hazards to Humans:
Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wear long sleeved shirt and long pants, socks and shoes. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water promptly after use and before eating, drinking, chewng gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
Hazards To Domestic Animals:
Avoid contact with eyes, or mucous membranes. Avoid treatment of foals under 6 weeks of age unless prescrbed by a veterinarian. Do not use on puppies under three months of age. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant, or nursing animals. DO NOT USE ON CATS. Sensitization may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your dog with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
- Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF IN EYES
- Take off contaminated clothing.
- Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN
- Move person to fresh air.
- If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambukance, then give artificial respiration, referably mouth-to-mouth, if possible.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
This product is extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off treatment area. This pesticide is extremely toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are foraging the treatment area.