This item cannot be shipped to Minnesota, Canada and P.O. Boxes. Use must be approved by your veterinarian.
All vaccines are shipped via the Vaccine Shipping method. A $34.95 flat rate fee is charged for all orders containing vaccines. Vaccines are shipped in insulated packaging with ice in order to deliver chilled and someone should be present to sign for and receive the vaccine. For more shipping info click here.
During these hot summer months, we highly encourage shipping this item via Express (1-2 day); we cannot be held responsible for items that are shipped Priority (2-4 day) as the ice will not last that long.
Prestige V + WNV
for vaccination of healthy horses 6 months of age or older, as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by Eastern and Western encephalomyelitis viruses and tetanus, as an aid in the control of respiratory disease caused by EIV, EHV-1 and EHV-4, as an aid in reduction of virus shedding of EIV, EHV-1 and EHV-4 and as an aid in reduction of disease, encephalitis and viremia caused by West Nile virus. Duration of immunity (DOI) has been shown to be at least six months for EIV.
- Multiple antigen formulation reduces need for several injections
- Formulated to minimize reactions and maximize protection
- Available in 10-dose vials. Also available in convenient, low-volume 1 mL doses in single, prefilled syringes
- West Nile virus (WNV) is the leading cause of arbovirus encephalitis in horses and humans in the United States
- Tetanus, WNV, EEE and WEE are considered core vaccinations recommended by the AAEP vaccine guidelines and are indicated in the immunization program for all horses each year
- Provides six months of protection against EIV
- A combination of inactivated, purified, concentrated, adjuvanted, tissue culture origin equine encephalomyelitis viruses (Eastern and Western), equine Herpesvirus types 1 and 4 (EHV-1 and EHV-4), equine influenza virus type H3N8 strains (EIV A/Equine 2/ Kentucky/93 American, EIV A/Equine 2/Kentucky/02 American, EIV A/Equine 2/Newmarket/2/93 Eurasian), West Nile virus - flavivirus chimera and tetanus toxoid
- Exceptional safety profile with the smooth Havlogen adjuvant
- Advanced filtration process through the Antigen Purification System (APS™)
All vaccines are shipped Express 1-2 Days. A $29.95 flat rate fee is charged for all orders containing vaccines. Someone should be present to sign for and receive the vaccine order when it ships to you. For more shipping info click here.
NOTE: This item cannot be shipped to Minnesota, Canada and P.O. Boxes. Use must be approved by your veterinarian.
Prestige V is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health, a subsidiary of Merck & Co. Inc.
For primary vaccination aseptically administer 1 mL intramuscularly, repeat with a single dose in three to four weeks. Annual revaccination is recommended. A booster dose can be administered at more frequent intervals based upon individual horse or farm disease risk assessment or any time epidemic conditions exist or are reported. Consult your veterinarian.
Store at 2°-7°C (35°-45°F). Shake well before using. Use entire contents when first opened. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter. Inject deep into the muscle only. Local reactions may occur at the injection sites in vaccinates. Systemic reactions may also occur in animals following vaccination. If allergic reaction occurs, treat with epinephrine. Care should be used to avoid injecting your own fingers, hands, or other body parts. Accidental injection can cause serious local reactions. Contact a physician immediately if an accidental injection occurs.