To ensure the proper immunization of your canine companion with the TruCan Lyme Borrelia Burgdorferi Bacterin Vaccine, follow these dosage and administration guidelines:
- The recommended dosage of the TruCan Lyme Bacterin Vaccine is 1 mL for both puppies and adult dogs.
- For puppies, a primary series of two doses is typically administered two to four weeks apart.
- Adult dogs may require an initial dose followed by a booster dose.
- The TruCan Lyme Bacterin Vaccine is administered as a subcutaneous injection. The injection site is usually under the loose skin between your dog's shoulder blades.
- Ensure that the injection site is clean, and the vaccine is at the appropriate temperature.
- Use a sterile needle and syringe provided with the vaccine.
- Gently pinch the skin at the injection site and insert the needle at a slight angle.
- Administer the vaccine slowly and steadily to prevent discomfort for your dog.
- Keep accurate records of the dates and types of vaccinations for your dog's health history.
- Regular booster doses may be necessary to maintain your dog's immunity against Lyme disease.
- The frequency of booster shots may vary based on your dog's individual health and regional risks.
- Consult your veterinarian for guidance on the appropriate booster schedule.
- Ensure your dog is in good health before vaccination.
- Consult with your veterinarian for guidance on the best vaccination schedule for your dog's age, breed, and lifestyle.
- Store the vaccine as recommended by the manufacturer in a cool, dark place.
- Always follow local regulations and consult with your veterinarian for specific recommendations tailored to your dog's health and vaccination needs.