Provide a tasty source of gelatin with this simple, scrumptious dog treat.
The Canine Chef, Kirby the Dorkie, is back with another delicious watermelon recipe! Today's summertime snack is a chewy watermelon treat that any dog is guaranteed to love: watermelon gummy paws!
Read the recipe below, and then be sure to follow Kirby the Dorkie on Facebook and check out KirbyTheDorkie.com for more great dog recipes!
Watermelon Gummy Paws
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Calories per serving: 4
Calories from fat: 0
Yields: 24 1-inch dog treats
- 1 cup seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons or 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- Puree the watermelon in a blender or food processor.
- Pour into a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the gelatin until dissolved. Make sure you feel no graininess when rubbing between your fingers.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then pour into silicone molds or pour into a jelly roll pan.
- Refrigerate for several hours. Remove from molds or cut out shapes with a cookie cutter
They won’t melt and can be stored in an air tight container on the counter for a few days and in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo of your creation of this recipe and share it in the comments below! If you altered the recipe, tell us what you did and how that worked out for you. Don't forget to share your photo on Instagram and tag @EntirelyPets!
This recipe has been carefully researched and tested by Kirby the Dorkie and his furiends. It is essential to seek the advice of your Veterinarian before changing your dog's diet or adding any ingredients to your dog's food especially if your dog has any underlying health issues.
Debby, pawrent to Kirby the Dorkie, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and dog meals. You can find more recipes and nutritional information from “The Canine Chef Cookbook” and like Kirby the Dorkie on Facebook for more doggie fun.