Proper application of Bimectin Pour-On is crucial for effective parasite control in cattle. Follow these directions to ensure optimal results and the well-being of your livestock:
- Dosage: Administer the appropriate dosage of Bimectin Pour-On based on the weight of each individual animal. Consult the product label or your veterinarian to determine the correct dosage for your cattle.
- Application Method: Apply Bimectin Pour-On along the backline of the cattle, from the withers to the tailhead. Use the provided applicator gun or an appropriate applicator device for accurate and even distribution.
- Empty Stomach Application: Ensure that cattle are on an empty stomach before application. This enhances the absorption of the pour-on solution for maximum effectiveness.
- Clean and Dry Conditions: Apply Bimectin Pour-On to clean, dry cattle. Avoid application in wet or rainy conditions to prevent dilution and ensure proper absorption.
- Weather Considerations: If rain is expected shortly after application, consider rescheduling to a dry period. Rainfall immediately after application may reduce efficacy.
- Proper Restraint: Restrain cattle appropriately during application to minimize stress on both the animals and handlers. Utilize safe and secure handling facilities.
- Correct Application Rate: Ensure the correct application rate based on the weight of each animal. Using a calibrated applicator gun helps deliver the accurate amount of Bimectin Pour-On.
- Application Frequency: Follow the recommended application frequency based on your specific herd management plan and environmental conditions. Consult with your veterinarian for a tailored deworming schedule.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of each application, including the date, dosage, and individual cattle identification. This information is valuable for monitoring the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Health Monitoring: Observe the health of your cattle post-application. If you notice any adverse reactions or unusual behavior, consult with your veterinarian promptly.
- Storage Guidelines: Store Bimectin Pour-On in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Check the expiration date and do not use expired product.
- Use Bimectin Pour-On only as directed. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. In case of accidental spillage or contact with skin or eyes, wash thoroughly with water.
By following these directions for use, you contribute to the effective parasite control and overall health of your cattle. Always consult with your veterinarian for personalized advice and guidance based on your specific herd's needs.