Customers Also Bought
Active Ingredient(s): Nitenpyram
A single dose of Capstar should kill the adult fleas on your pet. If your pet gets re-infested with fleas, you can safely give another dose as often as once per day please refer to the package insert for complete information.
- Capstar is safe use in dogs and puppies 2 pounds of body weight or greater and 4 weeks of age and older. Weigh your pet prior to administration to ensure proper dosage. It is also safe for use in pregnant or breeding dogs.
- Begins working within 30 minutes. In studies, Capstar achieved greater than 90% effectiveness against adult fleas on dogs within 4 hours.
- Capstar can be used with lufenuron to provide a Flea Management system. The two products, when used together, kill adult fleas and prevent flea eggs from hatching.
- Capstar kills adult fleas that cause flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- If you have question about flea control or medical problems associated with flea infestations, please consult your veterinarian.
Side effects: Side effects that may occur in dogs include Lethargy/depression, vomiting, itching, decreased appetite, diarrhea, hyperactivity, in coordination, trembling, seizures, panting, allergic reactions including hives, vocalization, salivation, fever, and nervousness. Side effects that may occur in cats include Hyperactivity, panting, lethargy, itching, vocalization, vomiting, fever, decreased appetite, nervousness, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, salivation, in coordination, seizures, pupil dilation, increased heart rate, and trembling. There are no known drug or food interactions .
Cautions: Pets may scratch as a result of the fleas dying, but it is a temporary condition and not a reaction to the medication itself.
Store this product at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
I feel that it is safe to use and experienced no problems with it having used it off and on for several years.
after application. I have not seen any favorable results. The cats are scratching more than ever.
It's not meant to be long-lasting, but rather quick relief and to maintain a flea free pet between topical flea meds.
DID NOTHING TO THE FLEA PROBLEM, THEY STILL HAD THE FLEAS.
Because we live in front of a small park full of small mammals, I am concerned that both, especially Phoebe need back-up. Imagine last year she made friends with a skunk, I saw them cavorting through the dark. So, Advantage alone was not enough. I got bitten by flies when she returned home.
This week the sound I heard several nights at the patio door was made by a racoon, then there are many wild rabbits. This is life next door to nature and the many perils for domestic animals.
The season will be handled well with the monthly dose of Advantage plus the CAPSTAR
Blue that covers the weight range in both animals. I was bitten last year because Phoebe spent nights outdoors. This time I am prepared to handle before I get an infestation.
I like the service, fast shipping and good prices.