Dogtra EDGE RT Additional Receiver 1 Mile - Orange
All sales are Final. No returns or exchanges.
View Dogtra EDGE RT Owner's Manual.
How to turn the EDGE RT on/off
To turn the receiver on, place the red dot on the back of the handheld transmitter to the red dot on the receiver. Hold the two red dots together for a moment until the LED light on the receiver comes on.
To turn the receiver off, repeat the same procedure holding the two red dots together momentarily. The LED light will turn red for a brief moment indicating that the receiver is now off.
The transmitter does not have an on/off button and it will only activate when the buttons are pressed.
Transmitter Button Function
The handheld transmitter uses 4 buttons to send stimulation. The LED indicator will blink on both the handheld transmitter and the receiver when the stimulation buttons are pressed.
- Constant Stimulation
The two orange buttons on the front of the transmitter control 3 levels of Constant stimulation. Pressing the Constant button gives continuous stimulation as long as the button is pressed, for up to 12 seconds. If the button is not released after 12 seconds, the stimulation will automatically turn off as a safety feature. The receiver will be ready to be reactivated once the button has been released.
- Low Constant Stimulation: Press the lower orange button for a low power Constant stimulation.
- Medium Constant Stimulation: Press the top orange button for a medium power Constant stimulation.
- High Constant Stimulation: Press both orange buttons together for a high power Constant stimulation.
The two black buttons on the front of the transmitter control 3 levels of Nick stimulation. When the Nick button is pressed, the receiver emits a single rapid pulse of electrical stimulation.
- Low Nick Stimulation: Press the lower black button for Low a low power Nick stimulation.
- Medium Nick Stimulation: Press the top black button for a medium power Nick stimulation.
- High Nick Stimulation: Press both black buttons together for a high power Nick stimulation.
The Pager button is located on the back of the transmitter. Pressing it will give a vibration for as long as the button is pressed, for up to 12 seconds.
Using the Dog Selector Dial
The EDGE RT is expandable to a 3-dog system.
Change the dial to select the number of the receiver that you would like to control from the transmitter.
The receiver should be fitted so that the surgical stainlesssteel contact points press firmly against the dog's skin.You should be able to fit two fingers underneath the collar strap. The best location is on either side of the dog's windpipe.
A loose fit can allow the receiver to move around on thedog's neck. When this happens, the contact points mayrub against the skin and cause irritation. If the receiveris too loose, the contact will not be consistent and causethe corrections to be inconsistent. Dogtra uses surgicalstainless steel contact points and anti-microbial plastic toprotect the dog's skin.
Attention! Leaving the receiver in the same location on the dog's neck for an extended period of time can cause skin irritation. If the dog is to wear the receiver for long periods, occasionally reposition the receiver so that the contact points are moved to a different location on the dog's neck. Make sure you check for skin irritation each time you use the unit.
Finding the Right Stimulation
The EDGE RT has a Selector Dial on the top of the transmitter (1 is the lowest and 8 is the highest). Remember that you will need to adjust the setting (upward or downward) depending on your dog's temperament and threshold for stimulation. Always start at the lowest level and work your way up. The appropriate level can be found when the dog responds to the stimulation with a mild reaction. Also, as the dog's attitude changes, especially during times of increased excitement or distraction, you may need to adjust the intensity level.
NOTE: The stimulation intensity can be adjusted even while the stimulation is in use.
Maximizing the Distance
Depending on the way you use your transmitter, the transmitter range may vary.
To get the greatest range, hold the transmitter away from your body and avoid touching the antenna. Keep your unit properly charged for maximum signal strength.
The LED indicator flashes every 4 seconds when the receiver is on and ready for use. The LED indicator will blink on both the transmitter and the receiver when the transmitter buttons are pressed.
The LED indicator color indicates the battery life level.
- Green = Full charge
- Amber = Medium charge
- Red = Needs charge
If the unit is used while the LED indicator is red, it may shut down automatically.
Charging the Battery
The Dogtra EDGE RT uses a lithium polymer battery. Recharge the unit if the indicator light is red or does not come on, the transmitter LCD shows only 1 bar on the indicator, or the system will not stay on when any button is pressed.
NOTE 1: Only use Dogtra-approved batteries, chargers, and accessories for your Dogtra e-collars. This will prevent any damage that can be incurred from attempting to use a different charger.
NOTE 2: The unit has a partial charge when it leaves the Dogtra facility. Upon receipt of the system, be sure to give it a full 2-hour initial charge before the first use away from any flammable substances.
NOTE 3: When a charger is not in use, disconnect it from the power source. Fully charge the batteries if the unit is to be stored without use for a period of 3 months or more.
Follow the steps below to charge your system:
- Open the rubber plugs on the battery charging receptacles and plug in the charging cable.
- Plug the charger into a 120-volt wall outlet or, if using the auto charger, plug into a cigarette lighter only for lithium polymer batteries (use a 220 volt European charger for Europe). All indicator lights should glow red when properly plugged in and the unit will automatically shut off during the charging process. You will need to turn the unit on again before use once the unit is fully charged and unplugged from the battery cable.
- The lithium polymer battery is fully charged within 2 hours. The lights will stay red during the charging process and turn green once the unit is fully charged.
- After charging, cover the battery charging receptacles with the rubber plugs.
Changing the Contact Point Length
The Dogtra EDGE RT comes equipped with standard ⅝" contact points that can be extended to ¾" contact points to use on dogs with longer coats.To increase the contact point length from ⅝" to ¾", follow the steps below.
- Using the included adjustment tool with the side marked ⅝", unscrew the contact points counter-clockwise.
- Place the contact point extension over the exposed threads, flat side down.
- Place the contact points over the extensions and tighten the contact points and extensions clockwise using the adjustment tool with the side marked ¾".
Caution: Tighten until firmly in place. Be careful not to over tighten.
To shorten the contact points back to the standard ⅝", start with the adjustment tool with the side marked ¾", remove the contact point extensions, and tighten the contact points with the adjustment tool with the side marked ⅝".
Follow the steps below to code an EDGE RT transmitter to a new or existing receiver.
- Set the Selector Dial to level 1 and set the Dog Selector Dial to the number you want to code the receiver to.
- With the receiver turned off, place the red dot on the back of the transmitter to the red dot on the receiver. Hold the two red dots together for about 5 seconds until the green LED blinks rapidly on the receiver.
- While the green LED is rapidly blinking on the receiver, separate the two devices and press the top orange button on the front of the transmitter and the Pager button on the back of the transmitter simultaneously. The LED light on the receiver will blink every 4 seconds when coding is complete.
Attaching the Belt Clip
Follow the instructions below to attach the included belt clip to the transmitter.
- Align the belt clip to the grooves on the back of the transmitter.
- With a firm grip, screw on the belt clip's Phillips head screws with a screwdriver.
Caution! Tighten until firmly in place. Be careful not to over tighten.
Using the Test Light
- Turn on the receiver by placing the red dot on the back of the transmitter to the red dot on the receiver.
- Place the test light, included in the package contents, on the contact points as shown in the diagram.
- Watch the test light as you press the Nick button on the transmitter. It should light up for just a moment. The higher the intensity level, the brighter the test light will be.
- Watch the test light as you press the Constant button on the transmitter. It should light up as long as the button is pressed. However, as a safety feature, the receiver will automatically stop the stimulation if the Constant button is pressed for 12 seconds or longer.
- Turn the Selector Dial on the transmitter clockwise and then counterclockwise. The test light should glow brighter with higher levels of stimulation and dimmer with lower levels.
NOTE: The test light may not be visible if the intensity level is too low.
Be sure the rubber-charging cap is securely in place when the receiver is in use. After each training session, carefully inspect the unit for any missing parts or damage to the casing. Damaged or broken casing may affect the waterproof guarantee on the unit. After confirming that there is no damage to the casing, rinse the receiver and clean out any dirt or debris.
The ARC should be fully charged before storing for extended periods. While in storage, the unit should be given a full charge once a month, and before the first use. Store the units in room temperature. Do not keep the units exposed to extreme climates.
If the unit is malfunctioning, please refer to the "Troubleshooting Guide" before sending it to Dogtra for service. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email them to email@example.com, or call customer service at (888) 811-9111.
- My dog is not reacting to the receiver.
- Make sure the receiver and transmitter are turned on by holding down the on/off button on the transmitter and place the two red dots together to turn on the receiver until it illuminates.
- Make sure the collar strap is tight enough so both contact points are touching the dog's skin.
- The contact points may be too short for the dog. To place an order for longer contact points that are more appropriate for your dog, please call (888) 811-9111. If you are already using the longest contact points available, you might need to trim down the hair on the dog's neck so both contact points are touching the dog's skin.
- The intensity level may be too low for your dog. Keep increasing the stimulation until the dog responds, usually with neck movement, head shaking, looking over its shoulder, etc. (response may be very subtle).
- Your tolerance may be higher than your dogs. We recommend placing both contact points on your inner wrist, where the sensitivity is higher, in order to test the unit.
- The battery may be low, so check the LED light for battery life.
- The antenna(s) may be damaged. To order parts, please contact customer service at (888) 811-9111 or go to www.dogtra.com.
- The range indicated on the unit's box is for flat terrain. Heavy brush, trees, hills, or moisture will affect the range of your unit. For best range, hold the transmitter vertically above your head, and/or try moving to higher ground.
- Any electrical conductors will affect the range, such as cars, chain-link dog runs, metal structures, and radio towers. For best results, operate away from these items.
- The batteries might not be charged properly, or the charger, splitter, and the charging port may not be functioning properly. You can send in your charging units to have us inspect them.
- The charging pin may be damaged. Inside the charging port, there is a metal pin that should be standing straight up and stiff. If the pin is wobbling, broken, or missing, you will need to send the unit in to the Repair Department. The charging port must be clean prior to charging; clean the dirt out with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. If the dog is in salt-water, be sure to rinse the receiver and charging port with clean water.
- If the above does not resolve your issues, contact Dogtra customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 811-9111.