is recommended for the vaccination of healhty cats as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with, feline leukemia virus (FeLV) infection. Vacination with this product prevents persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukemia virus.
The feline luekemia virus, subgroups A and B, are cultured in tissue culture cells. The virus has been chemically inactivated and combined with a proprietary adjuvant designed to enhance the immune response.
Features & Benefits A quality core vaccine that protects against feline leukemia
- The only feline leukemia vaccine labeled to prevent persistent viremia for 2 years after vaccination.2
- Superior Efficacy demonstrated vs. multiple FeLV vaccines.3,4
- The ONLY USDA0licensed 2-Year Duration of Immunity (DOI) FeLV vaccine (Ideal for adherence to AAFP guidelines)1,2,5
- The ONLY vaccine to demonstrate efficacy over the long-term in a co-mingling study mimicking real life conditions1
- Proven safety profile-99% reaction-free in ongoing surveillance involving millions of doses.1
- Available in combination with other Nobivac feline vaccines to provide broader disease protection
- Optimal choice for all cats under 1 year of age and healthy indoor.outdoor cats of any age
- Approved for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with, feline leukemia virus (FeLV) infection
- Vaccination with this product prevents persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukemia virus
- Recommended for use in healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older
Nobivac is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health, a subsidiary of Merck & Co. Inc.
For cats 9 weeks of age or older:Subcutaneous or intramuscular injection
Initial 1ml dose administered at 9 weeks of age or older
Second 1ml dose administered 3 to 4 weeks later
Revaccination every 2 years with a single dose is recommended
Store at 2°-7°
Do not freeze.
Do not mix with other vaccines.
Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservative.
The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
It is important to realize that certain conditions and events may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following vaccination. Prior exposure to the disease, or disease latency, are conditions in which vaccination will not alter the course of the disease. Therefore, diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV antigen prior to vaccination is recoomended. Also, vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), another feline retrovirus. It is important to advise the cat owner of these situations prior to vaccination.