To ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your Otis & Claude Reflective Rope Leash, it's important to follow proper care guidelines.
- Regular Cleaning: Dirt, mud, and other debris can accumulate on your leash during walks. To clean it, wipe it down with a damp cloth or sponge. For tougher stains or odors, you can use a mild soap or dog-specific cleaner. Rinse thoroughly and allow it to air dry before storing.
- Avoid Excessive Force: While the leash is designed to be durable, excessive pulling or tugging can put strain on the material and weaken it over time. Avoid jerking the leash abruptly or allowing your dog to chew on it, as this can cause damage.
- Store Properly: When not in use, store the leash in a clean and dry area. Avoid leaving it exposed to direct sunlight for prolonged periods, as UV rays can degrade the material. Hanging the leash or coiling it neatly can help prevent tangling or kinking.
- Check for Damage: Regularly inspect your leash for any signs of wear and tear. Look for frayed areas, loose threads, or weak spots in the rope. If you notice any damage, it's best to replace the leash to ensure the safety of you and your dog.
- Avoid Submerging in Water: While the leash is water-resistant, prolonged exposure to water or submersion can affect its durability. Try to keep it dry and prevent it from soaking in water for extended periods.
- Trim Excess Rope: If the leash is longer than you need, you can trim any excess rope carefully. Ensure that you leave enough length for a comfortable grip and avoid cutting too close to the handle or any attachments.
By following these care instructions, you can maintain the quality and functionality of your Otis & Claude Reflective Rope Leash, allowing you and your dog to enjoy safe and enjoyable walks for a long time.
- Strong and flexible