Hill's Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb Bag
|Crude Protein||24.0% min|
|Crude Fat||11.0% min|
|Crude Fiber||3.0% max|
|Vitamin E||425 IU/kg min|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||95 mg/kg min|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||0.1% min|
Calorie Content (calculated):
391 kcal per 8-oz cup
Chicken, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Oats, Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat, Pea Protein, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Liver Flavor, Ground Pecan Shells, Lactic Acid, Pork Liver Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Oil, Iodized Salt, Dried Citrus Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Pressed Cranberries, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.
Feeding your large breed puppy with Hill's Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is essential for their healthy growth and development. Here are the feeding instructions to follow:
- Determine the Appropriate Portion:
- Start by determining the correct amount of food to feed your large breed puppy based on their age, size, and weight. Refer to the packaging for daily portion size guidelines.
- Large Kibble for Large Breeds:
- The larger kibble size is designed for large breed puppies. It promotes proper chewing and digestion, making it easier for them to consume.
- Divide Meals:
- Large breed puppies may benefit from multiple meals a day due to their rapid growth. Divide their daily portion into 2-3 meals per day.
- Use a Measuring Cup:
- Always use a measuring cup to ensure precise portioning. This avoids overfeeding or underfeeding.
- Monitor Weight and Adjust:
- Keep a close eye on your puppy's weight and body condition. If they are gaining too much weight, reduce the portion size. If they are not gaining enough, consider increasing the portion.
- Gradual Transition:
- If you're switching from a different food to Hill's Science Diet, transition gradually over a week by mixing an increasing amount of the new food with the old food. This helps your puppy's digestive system adjust to the new food.
- Provide Fresh Water:
- Ensure your large breed puppy always has access to clean, fresh water. Proper hydration is vital for their well-being.
- Veterinarian Consultation:
- Consult with your veterinarian to determine the exact feeding plan for your specific large breed puppy. They can offer personalized recommendations based on your puppy's unique needs.
- Treats and Table Scraps:
- Be cautious with treats and table scraps, as they can add extra calories. Limit these extras to maintain a balanced diet.
- Regular Weighing:
- Regularly weigh your large breed puppy to ensure they are growing at a healthy rate. If you have concerns about their growth, consult with your veterinarian.
Feeding your large breed puppy with Hill's Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food according to these instructions will provide them with the essential nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. Remember that every puppy is unique, so it's crucial to adjust their portion sizes and feeding schedule as needed.
|Weight of Dog||Less than 4 Months (cups per day)||4 to 9 Months (cups per day)||10 to 12 Months (cups per day)||13 to 18 Months (cups per day)|
|8 lb||1 ⅜|
|10 lb||1 ⅔|
|20 lb||2 ¾||2 ⅓|
|40 lb||4 ⅔||4||3|
|60 lb||6 ⅓||5 ⅓||4 ¼||3 ¾|
|80 lb||6 ½||5 ¼||4 ¾|
|100 lb||7 ¾||6 ¼||5 ⅔|
|120 lb||7||6 ⅓|
|140 lb||8||7 ¼|
|160 lb||8 ¼||8|
|180 lb||9 ⅔||8 ⅔|
|200 lb||10 ½||9 ⅓|