Hill's Science Diet Puppy Small Bites Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12.5-lb Bag
|Crude Protein||23.0% min|
|Crude Fat||17.5% min|
|Crude Fiber||2.3% max|
|Vitamin C||95 mg/kg min|
|Vitamin E||425 IU/kg min|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||0.1% min|
Calorie Content (calculated):
393 kcal per 8-oz cup
Chicken, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat, Whole Grain Corn, Whole Grain Oats, Pea Protein, Soybean Meal, Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor, Ground Pecan Shells, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Pork Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Iodized Salt, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Dried Citrus Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Choline Chloride, Pressed Cranberries, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Threonine, DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, L-Tryptophan, Beta-Carotene.
Feeding your small breed puppy with Hill's Science Diet Puppy Small Bites Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is essential for their healthy growth and development. Here are the feeding instructions to follow:
- Determine the Appropriate Portion:
- Start by determining the correct amount of food to feed your small breed puppy based on their age, size, and weight. Refer to the packaging for daily portion size guidelines.
- Small Bites for Small Breeds:
- These small kibble sizes are designed for tiny mouths. They make it easier for your small breed puppy to chew and digest their food.
- Divide Meals:
- Small breed puppies have fast metabolisms and may benefit from more frequent meals. Divide their daily portion into 2-3 meals per day.
- Use a Measuring Cup:
- Always use a measuring cup to ensure precise portioning. This avoids overfeeding or underfeeding.
- Monitor Weight and Adjust:
- Keep a close eye on your puppy's weight and body condition. If they are gaining too much weight, reduce the portion size. If they are not gaining enough, consider increasing the portion.
- Gradual Transition:
- If you're switching from a different food to Hill's Science Diet, transition gradually over a week by mixing an increasing amount of the new food with the old food to allow your puppy's digestive system to adapt.
- Provide Fresh Water:
- Ensure your small breed puppy always has access to clean, fresh water. Proper hydration is vital for their well-being.
- Veterinarian Consultation:
- Consult with your veterinarian to determine the exact feeding plan for your specific small breed puppy. They can offer personalized recommendations based on your puppy's unique needs.
- Treats and Table Scraps:
- Be cautious with treats and table scraps, as they can add extra calories. Limit these extras to maintain a balanced diet.
- Regular Weighing:
- Regularly weigh your small breed puppy to ensure they are growing at a healthy rate. If you have concerns about their growth, consult with your veterinarian.
Feeding your small breed puppy with Hill's Science Diet Puppy Small Bites Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food according to these instructions will provide them with the essential nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. Remember that every puppy is unique, so it's crucial to adjust their portion sizes and feeding schedule as needed.
|Weight of Dog||Growth less than 4 Months||Growth less than 4 - 9 Months||Growth less than 10 - 12 Months|
|8 lb||1 ½||1 ¼||1|
|10 lb||1 ¾||1 ½||1 ¼|
|20 lb||3||2 ½||2|
|40 lb||5||4||3 ¼|
|60 lb||6 ⅔||5 ½||4 ½|
|80 lb||8 ¼||7||5 ½|
|100 lb||9 ¾||8 ¼||6 ½|
|120 lb||11 ¼||9 ⅓||7 ½|