Treat your dog to something sweet with these delectable maple bacon candy treats!
The Canine Chef, Kirby the Dorkie, has the perfect recipe to treat your dog to a fitting snack for this Halloween: a sweet candy treat with a savory bacon twist! These treats are great snacks for treating your pooch to something special when his sweet tooth strikes!
Maple Bacon Candy
1 (12 oz.) package turkey bacon (16 slices)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 - 10 hours
- Calories per serving: 9
- Calories from fat: 2
- Total fat: 0.2g or 0% (0.0g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- Yields: 64 ¼-slice servings
- Place the turkey bacon in a container with lid. Add the maple syrup and mix until the bacon is thoroughly covered. Let sit in the refrigerator at least thirty minutes but preferably overnight.
- Place strips on lined dehydrator trays. Dehydrate until completely dry and crispy.
- Once completely dry, break into serving sizes.
I break each slice into 4 pieces. It’s very easy to break into tiny pieces which I use for training sessions.
These will keep in a zip lock bag at room temperature for up to three weeks and in the freezer for up to four months.
Did you make this recipe?
Snap a photo of your creation of this recipe and share it in the comments below! If you altered the recipe, tell us what you did and how that worked out for you. Don't forget to share your photo on Instagram and tag @EntirelyPets!
This recipe has been carefully researched and tested by Kirby the Dorkie and his furiends. It is essential to seek the advice of your Veterinarian before changing your dog's diet or adding any ingredients to your dog's food especially if your dog has any underlying health issues.
Debby, pawrent to Kirby the Dorkie, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and dog meals. You can find more recipes and nutritional information from According to the “The Canine Chef Cookbook’ blog or find her newly released cookbook According to the here. You can also like According to the Kirby the Dorkie on Facebook for more doggie fun.